The Auburn Civic Center
· Building capacity is 111.
· 12 white 60 inch round tables (seat 6 to 8 people)
· 4 white 8-foot long banquet tables
· 96 white folding chairs
· 20 metal chairs.
· Mens & Womens restroom facilities
How to rent the Civic Center
Stop by Auburn City Hall or call 785-256-2426 to check on availability.
You will need to sign a rental agreement and leave deposit.
We cannot schedule out further than 1 year.
Fees, Security Cleaning Deposit and General Rules
· $200.00 for day rental (8:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
· $200.00 for evening/night rental. (5:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
· $250.00 if alcohol is served or availabe for day rental (8:00 AM to 4:00 PM) or evening/night rental (5:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
· $400.00 for all day/night (8:00 AM to 11:00 PM)
· $50 per hour charge, with a required 2-hour minimum rental, which shall only be allowed during the day rental hours. (8:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
The City reserves the right to waive or reduce fees and/or security deposits for any organization it chooses, in its discretion. Returned checks will be subject to an appropriate service charge.
Security and Cleaning Deposit
$100.00 deposit required for standard rental, $250.00 deposit for rentals where alcoholic beverages are to be served or available. If a deposit is paid by personal check it must be submitted 72 hours prior to the rental use, otherwise, all deposits are to be in cash or certified funds.
Security deposit is to be used to compensate for any damages or cleaning necessary from use, as determined by the City, in its discretion. Any damaged or unclean condition not reported to the city prior to use shall be presumed to be caused by the user. Retention of the deposit is not a limitation of damages to the amount of the deposit, as the Licensee remains fully responsible for all damages to the premises during the rental period.
1. NO SMOKING will be allowed in the building.
2. Tables and chairs cannot leave the building.
3. Return chairs and tables to their places to leave room ready for next user.
4. Renter will be responsible to see that rooms (including restrooms) are cleaned up, vacuumed or swept and are left in as good or better condition after use.
5. Renter will be responsible to ensure that all lights are OFF, and the doors are securely shut and locked after using the building.
6. If two individuals/organizations are to use the building on the same day, the earlier renter needs to vacate the building by 4:00 PM and the last renter should vacate the building by 11:00 PM. Any variance can only be obtained with the authorization of the City.
7. Please do not use push pins, nails, tacks, tape or screws to place posters, signs, decorations etc., on painted walls, finished cabinets or woodwork. User is responsible for any damage caused by decorations, and the security deposit can be assessed for said damage.
8. DO NOT cut/slice directly on Formica countertops.
9. Clean and wipe off appliances after use. Please do not leave any items in the refrigerator.
10. Please place all trash in the outside receptacles.
11. The community room cannot be used for profit making events such as garage sales unless approved by the City Council
12. After use, lock the doors and drop the key at the City Hall building in the utility deposit box located at the outside on the west side of the City Hall building.
13. Do not leave or store personal property in the building, as the city is not responsible for the loss or damage to personal property used or stored in the building.
14. All parties must comply with all City Ordinances and State laws, including the posted occupancy limitation for the building.
Rules for Alcoholic Beverages
1. Alcoholic Beverages and cereal malt beverages may be served at the Auburn Civic Center only in strict conformity with all applicable City, County and State laws, and ordinances, along with the rules and regulations.
2. If alcoholic beverages are to be sold/served at the Auburn Civic Center, the user must obtain a City Permit for the same.
3. Alcoholic beverages may not be distributed or consumed anywhere on the Civic Center grounds except inside the building itself.
4. Alcohol must be served and consumed inside the building.